This and that: Chai Apple Crisp Cookies {no baked}

Thursday, September 1, 2016

Chai Apple Crisp Cookies {no baked}

Fill the Cookie Jar with No-Baked Cookies made with fresh apples and instant chai tea mix, a perfect Fall treat.

Fill the Cookie Jar with No-Baked Cookies made with fresh apples and instant chai tea mix, a perfect Fall treat.







Chai Apple Crisp Cookies

Fall is in the air here in Michigan's Upper Peninsula.  We are still having some warm days but the air in the morning and evening have a nip to them.  Leaves are slowly turning colours and drifting to the ground.  It is time to bring out your recipes that are full of pumpkins and apples.

This month's Fill the Cookie Jar theme is fall and my thoughts went to apples, tea and no baked cookies.  The no-baked was because of not having enough time and wanting to make a cookie that was fast, yummy and easy to make.  I had an open package of  Dove Chocolate Discoveries - Spicy Chai Mix that I like to use in many of my recipes (along with drinking).  The Chai Mix and apples would go perfect together. 

Fill the Cookie Jar with No-Baked Cookies made with fresh apples and instant chai tea mix, a perfect Fall treat.


Ingredients:
1/2 cup butter
1 cup sugar (I used Zulka Morena Pure Cane Sugar)
1 cup peeled and diced Apple (I used about 1 and 1/2 apples) 
1 tsp Instant Chai Mix *
3 cups Oatmeal
1/2 cup Kraft Caramel Bits

Directions:
In medium saucepan, melt butter.
Once butter is melted, add sugar, apple and chai mix and bring to boil.
Boil for 3 minutes.
Take off heat and add oatmeal and caramel bits, mix well
Drop by teaspoon onto parchment paper.
Let harden and enjoy!

Baker's Note:  If you don't have chai mix, you could use a combination of cinnamon, allspice, nutmeg and cardamom.  I think this would taste like chai.  Dice Apples in very small pieces.  Also if you use unsalted butter add some salt to this recipe - 1/4 to 1/2 tsp.

I used The Grainery - Fresh  Milled Oats in this recipe.  I found these fresh milled oats when I went to the Kalamazoo Farmers Market.   I do know that I will be buying these oats again.. they taste so good. 

Fill the Cookie Jar with No-Baked Cookies made with fresh apples and instant chai tea mix, a perfect Fall treat.





Image and video hosting by TinyPic

4 comments :

  1. And if you like your Chai on the spicier side - try a dash of white pepper to the spices you mention.

    These cookies sound like a great treat when I don't want to heat the oven.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Marlys, I love your No Bake Chai Apple Crisp Cookies. I haven't yet made a no bake cookie I will definitely make this. Perfect for Fall.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These cookies sound like Fall to me! I love that these are no bake.

    ReplyDelete

Please stop for a moment and leave a comment to let me know you have been here. I love reading all your comments.

I am sorry but I cannot accept Anonymous comments anymore as I am getting too many spam. I hope that you will comment with an ID user. Thanks for understanding.

I will not be accepting comments that have links on them. I will not delete them but because of google's stance on links I do not want to have any problems with my blog. Thank you for your understanding.